Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yummy Homemade Croutons and Caesar Dressing!

I had almost a whole loaf of pre sliced french bread from the deli that I had not used and let get stale!!! I could not bring myself to throwing it away so decided to make my first batch of homemade croutons. They turned out great and I will probably never buy pre packaged croutons again! These were so much more fresh, warm, and crisp!!! You can also make homemade breadcrumbs out of your old bread by using the same seasonings and a food processor, so do not throw them away it makes me too sad now! 

After making the homemade croutons I had to make a homemade caesar dressing to go with them... I honestly just threw a bunch of stuff together and it turned out amazing! I HATE store bought dressing so I am soooo glad I tried this because now I can do something beside ranch all the time!
I posted the recipes under my food page!

I also used the remaining bread to make homemade breadcrumbs and used them to make an easy baked chicken parmesan.....
I just went crazy with old bread last night! 


1 comment:

  1. mmmm homemade croutons- i'll get adventurous someday and make some ha = )

    ReplyDelete